Thursday, September 26, 2013

Review: Solstice High By: Ardash Vartparonian

First off I would like to thank the publisher
16154999
Title: Solstice High
Author: Ardash Vartparonian
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Publisher: 
Strategic Book Group
Publication Date: October 22nd 2014
Paperback: 360 Pages


Summary:
It's the first day of school at prestigious Solstice High. Seniors Matt, Rochelle, Daphne and Jonas each have a big surprise waiting for them. When the four friends undergo a freak accident, they begin to develop superhuman abilities and come to realize that all is not as it seems within the bleak walls of their high school. While dealing with the day-to-day challenges of being teenagers, they must also confront their sinister principal, Mr. Devlin, who seems to have more than just education on his agenda.



My Review: 

What a breathe of fresh air Solstice High was the book the writing & the characters were all just that good I thought I would not enjoy this read but boy was I ever wrong.In Solstice High you meet four best friends with very different personalities who personally in my eyes would not really be part of the same clique in high school. We have The Jock of all traits Jonas hes the one who is always thinking on his feet. Rochelle Queen B she rules the hallways, The Fabulous! Matt yes hes that Fabulous & The Emo Daphne anger is her solitude.One day they all get trapped in the schools locker room and end up exposed to some weird gas that gives them super abilities. While coming to terms with their new found powers secrets and lies come into play they learn that the school head honcho a.k.a. The Principal is no who he really seems to be & he is the one behind all the weirdness going on. His plan is to build an army of teens with super powers that he can control!  
(I know this book would make an ah-amazing TV-show). So now these four once typical teens have to embrace their new powers & fight the wannabe-be mad scientist trying to take over the world with his army of teens. 


Now as many of you know Fantasy for me is 25% outta 100% that I will end up enjoying it. But I have noticed I really enjoy, Fantasy more on a TV screen but with Solstice High I never felt like I was reading that genre . The other thing I loved was in this book was real lifestyles that these teens live in this day in age things that were  brought to light smoking, drinking, sleeping around and doing drugs. But the one that really sticks out is all the talk about suicide it really played up all sides of the topic some people would truly disagree with me as this not being a good thing but I think it was it helps people understand all the real consequences that come with suicide.Its true this book is really aimed at teens but as YA book I believe it can help an adult who reads YA understand todays youth and the stuff they have to deal with  mind you Solstice High is still a light read fun read even with all the seriousness. 


My Final Thoughts: 

Pick up a copy even if your not sure just pick it up cause you would be quiet surprised just like I was. I am really glad I was sent a copy of this book for read & review as it has become one of m faves this year so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment