Monday, March 21, 2016



Guardian of Atlantis (The Children of Atlantis, #1)Title: Guardian of Atlantis (The Children of Atlantis #1) 
Author: Annie Rachel Cole
Genre: Young Adult/Fantasy 
Publisher: Createspace
Publication Date: July 21st 2012
Paperback: 248 pages

Summary:

Sixteen-year-old Raven Weir has a somewhat normal life until she receives a mysterious necklace…a necklace others are willing to kill her to get because it contains the key codes to Atlantis. Now she finds she’s the only one standing between Atlantis and those who want to use the power hidden there to take over the world.

And Zeus is at the head of that line.

On top of worrying about social acceptance at school, Raven has to get control of her growing powers before she harms someone. And it doesn’t help that the alpha Hellhound at school is attracted to her while members of his pack are trying to kill her. And then there’s the whole biological parent issue. Finding out you’re adopted is huge, but discovering you’re actually the daughter of Medusa and Poseidon will definitely cause problems.

Will Raven find the inner strength she needs to survive? 

Will she be able to protect Atlantis?




Thank you so much to the author  Annie Rachel Cole  for taking the time to contact me & for sending me a copy for read and review .

My Review:


I wanna first start off by saying I haven't read many Greek mythology books but after reading Guardian of Atlantis (The Children of Atlantis #1) I so need to read & learn ore about Greek mythology . OHH! & the cover is so simple yet stunning the colors are beautiful


In the book we meet Raven (let me tell you how much I love her name) who is one kick ass heroine she is tough, ballsy & quite a smart ass at times which I loved as I can  so relate to her sarcasm ;D This poor girl inherits a necklace with the key codes to Atlantis & everything changes next thing you know practically everyone is out to kill her . But  No matter what situation this girl got into she didn't sweat it & she always on top of her game that mouth of hers so did get a workout...lol

The love relationship between Raven and her boy toy Ethan was a little off for me I felt their relationship need a little stability I felt they were all over the place they did have some sizzle especially the wittiness between them. I rather enjoyed that element (Ill post one of my fave interactions below between the two of them) I felt the need to grow their relationship quite a bit more, I'm still not a fan off the insta love in YA  & He was a bit bossy for my liking but its ok we can work on that ...lol 

“No one calls me stupid," he said in a lower tone followed by a really low, throaty growl.

"I didn't call you stupid." Raven said a little louder.
"No. One. Calls. Me. Stupid." He crouched down. His eyes turned red. 
Raven rolled her eyes. "I think I should've called you a moron because you're acting like one."
"What?"
"Or imbecile? 

My Final Thoughts:


Overall I would recommend Guardian of Atlantis (The Children of Atlantis #1) to a newbie Greek mythology reader like myself , Annie Rachel Cole really made it fun and fresh OHH! and the fighting scenes between the gods is Ah-amazing cant wait for book 2s release.

*Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment